Monday, September 21, 2009

The "Cars" Birthday Bash


Here he is.  Waiting.  Waiting.  Waiting.  "Mom, when is it going to be time for the party to start?"
 


The best part about the whole day was when Easton wrapped his arms around me Saturday night, completely tuckered out, red cheeked, bloodshot eyes, heavy eyelids, and said, "Mom, this was the best birthday ever."  Seriously, does it get any better than that?  Our little man had such a terrific day.  He woke up early along with his sisters and they immediately started helping get things ready for his 4-year old birthday bash. They put all the goody bags together, stuffed the pinata, set up the tables and chairs, helped dad with some much needed yard work, and tidied up the house.  They were all so good and so amazingly helpful.  I loved it.  The party went like this:

Ryan grilled up some tasty burgers and dogs and we pretty much had a feast.


All the kids and some of the brave adults went swimming.  Ryan also heated up the jacuzzi for us wimps.  104 degrees in Arizona, the pool temp dips below 80, and we think its cold!  Holy Cow!  Here's Easton enjoying the warm waters (but he was also loving the cool pool with all his cousins.)


After feasting and swimming, it was present time.  Don't you just love how all the kids keep moving in closer and closer until they're practically on top of each other?  I thought this picture captured it perfectly.



Time to bust the Lightning McQueen pinata.  Always a hit with the kiddos. 


Got kids?  And this was only some of the cousins.  


Love this face!



Jolie taking a whack.


and Gavin...


and Tan Man...


and Tallin....



I always love the "scream and run" session as soon as the candy starts flying.



My oldest niece and nephew, Randi & Bryant, enjoying the finds in their little brothers' goody bags.  Nice.



Nice teeth, Tallin.



Birthday Boy


Thanks for the great cake, Jayme.  We loved it!


Barrett & Avery macked on Jayme's tasty cupcakes (and so did I).  Oh my gosh, they were so delicious.  It was like a little slice of heaven...


After the party, Avery stayed, and Riley & Lainey came over to play.  Ryan went to the D-backs game with his dad and brother, so we all went swimming (again), then had some dinner before taking all the girls home.  We were all thrashed and ready for bed at 8:30.



I love our little man, my Easy E, with all my heart.  I am so grateful every day to be his mom. Tonight at FHE when it was Easton's turn for announcements (our weekly ritual in an attempt to coordinate schedules for the upcoming week), his announcement was, "I love mommy." Enough said.  He rocks my world!

1 comment:

  1. I think I might need to go have a cupcake now...We had a blast at the party! Thanks for inviting us. I don't think the smile ever left Eastons face! I love when they are so excited about everything!

    ReplyDelete