Sunday, September 20, 2009

Good Times at the Cabin


I know this is a couple of weeks over due, but I am finally getting around to posting some of our Labor Day pics.  We spent the whole weekend up at Grandpa Reid's cabin in Pine and loved loved loved the cooler weather.  We are so grateful that Grandpa had the desire to build such a beautiful home in the pines many, many years ago.  This has truly been a place of refuge and memories for our family.   The kids were thrilled that we were staying all weekend, and not just for a couple of days.  We had originally planned to come home Sunday night, but decided on Sunday afternoon that we we'd stay through until Monday.  And I must admit - it was sure nice to be there for 3 nights so that we could just relax and really enjoy the time away.  

When I was growing up, I remember playing lots of games at the cabin, especially the marathon Monopoly sessions with my Grandma Sue.   We definitely kept up the gaming traditions this Labor Day.  Clue was the game of choice (one of my all time favorites).  My cousin, Julie, and I used to play that all the time growing up.  It has been so much fun teaching my girls the art of Clue, and helping them become better thinkers, be more attentive to details, and pick up on the little things that make all the difference in the game.  They are learning good skills and they don't even realize it!  They just love that we are playing together and having fun.  I love that we are making memories.    We also broke out some other games over the weekend like Uno, Dominos, Scrabble, and of course, one 4-hour game of Monopoly.  I luckily bowed out of the Monopoly game on the grounds that I had to cook dinner.  Or at least that was my story and I'm stickin' to it :)  But Ryan, Afton, and Grandma Cheri were in it for the long haul.  In typical real estate mogul fashion, Ryan put his broker skills to work and monopolized the board with his properties.  He finally sent his rivals into BK and ended the game.   No compassion for the women and children!  

Anyway, it was a great weekend with so much family.  Grandpa Reid & Kris and my parents came up on Friday before we arrived and stayed until Sunday afternoon.  Mike & Shari & crew and Heather & Bob and crew came on Saturday morning.  The Emelity's and Ben both came for a while on Saturday afternoon, but they didn't stay the night.   

Morgan & Jessie's family and Ryan & Jayme's family were also up for the weekend staying in a family cabin in Strawberry. We had a great time hanging out with them over the weekend too, especially playing games. We played an insanely funny game called "Questions", where the object is to try and get your opponents to smile and laugh based on the random questions you ask.  I, of course, lost every time.  I had a terrible case of the giggles and couldn't even make it one second without busting up.  I think that would be a great game to play at our Christmas party this year.  Bob & Cheri met us at church in Pine on Sunday morning and then stayed until late Sunday night.  We loved it.  Such good times.

So here are some pictures from our weekend.  Maybe sometime next year they'll  get scrapbooked, but until then, this will do.



Rowan loves the swing!




Easy E


Afty Cakes


Molly & Rowan


Tate loving the outdoors


We always do some work while we're there

Tallin at work


Does this look like a kid whose having fun or what?




My kiddos after church on Sunday

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could come more frequently! Good times for sure!

    ReplyDelete