Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Time and a Season

I was just re-reading my blog from last night and I think I sounded a little whiny. I guess I shouldn’t blog at the end of the night following a marathon day :) But then again, I don’t know… I’ve always believed I should write what I feel. Periodically, I go back and browse through the writings of my past. I’ve been keeping a journal for a long, long time. Some entries are long-winded and seem more like an accounting of my life. But the entries that I find most valuable are the ones where I wrote about how I felt instead of just what I did. I believe that I have gained some valuable perspective as I’ve taken the opportunity to look back at those journals, realizing that I’ve:

endured some difficult trials,
been blessed with countless faith building experiences,
survived other crazy marathon days,
reached some goals and fallen short on others,
made an impact on the life of another,
been touched by the simple kindness of a good friend,
gained knowledge from wisdom shared by those much more learned than me,
loved being a mom since the day I first found out I was expecting baby #1,
been humbled by some stupid choices,
been uplifted by an unassuming compliment,
loved with all my heart,
been unduly frustrated by things out of my control,
said some things I wished I hadn’t,
laughed harder than I thought was possible,
been strengthened by the power of prayer,
been filled with gratitude on many, many occasions, and
developed some of the most invaluable friendships and relationships.

I have been blessed beyond measure in my life. Truly, truly blessed. And I’m glad I have so much of it written down. Some days really are lined with a bed of roses, and some we might wish away for ever. And some days are just days passing by on our way toward our next experience. There is a time and a season for all things. I really believe that.

I love these two scriptures.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:

1 To every thing there is a
season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


Mosiah 4:27:

“And see that all these things are done in wisdom and
order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.”

No comments:

Post a Comment