Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Day "On"


It feels like I've been awake for a week. This day has lasted an eternity. As I sit here ready to pen my thoughts, I am feeling like I've done so much today - much more than I would have liked given that today is my "day off". Whatever that means. That phrase actually rubs me wrong. Yes, Tuesdays and Fridays are my "days off" my 3-day-a-week Pivotal career, but they are more "on" than any other days. They are the days I try to catch up on life. The days I clean, launder, run errands, shop, pay bills, go through mail, organize our home, work on projects, catch up on RMB work, check on properties, cook, tutor, and the list goes on...

So when someone at my office asks me how my "day off" was, I usually smile and say, "Good, but busy." They have no idea. I wonder if they think I sit at home relaxing and eating bon bons all day. Hmmmm...sounds pretty good right now actually. I could use something sweet.

Like most aspiring mothers and homemakers I'm sure, my days are robust and jam-packed with home, kids, "life."

Today I:
  • Woke up 2 minutes before my phone alarm (like I do just about every day) at 5:28 am. That whole "internal alarm clock" thing is so wierd. It's like clockwork really (no pun intended).
  • Ran a solid non-stop 4.2 miles (and felt great!) My training schedule this week is 19 miles (3, 4, 4, 8). Oh, the 8. I'm a little apprehensive about the 8. That will be the furthest I've ever run. Ever. I've ran a couple of 10k's in my life (= 6.4 miles) and I ran 6 last Saturday, but never 8.
  • Took our suburban into the shop. The battery died.
  • Went visiting teaching to Connie & Heather. I love both those ladies. Easton was my little shadow, but he was so dang good. I took the legos and he just built and built his little towers and cities and was happy as a clam.
  • Picked up Ryan and toured our fix-and-flip investment (a work in progress) to check the status. It's coming along very nicely.
  • Picked up the suburban. They replaced the battery, but then it almost stalled again this afternoon, so something else is clearly the matter. Tomorrow will be another fun car day:)
  • Rode my bike with Easton in tow to J.R.'s new house. It's looking great. We are getting so excited for them to move into our ward.
  • Lunched
  • Did payroll and some other RMB work
  • Washed sheets and ran laundry machine most of the afternoon.
  • The usual housework. Thankfully no deep cleaning today.
  • Picked up girls from the bus stop
  • Took Afty to electric guitar lessons. She rocked again. Today's hit was "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions. She is doing so awesome! Thankfully, Barrett is old enough to ride the scooter to piano lessons since both girls have lessons at the same time.
  • Grocery shopped
  • Cooked some tasty dinner (pork chops, fresh fruit, seasoned onion potatoes, cut veggies, and hot bread). The troops love that meal. It's a winner every time.
  • Bathed the youngers.
  • Supervised the nightly routine (homework, prep for morning, house clean up, etc.)
  • Mail, bills, office paperwork
And now I'm taking a few minutes to write. Nothing really special or deep today, just documenting my life and my thoughts before I forget about today...We forget so easily. Why is that? Maybe to make room up there for the next day and the next. I'm glad I've got a good memory and the desire to keep a record of my life, both for me and for my posterity. Even on days like today when it was just regular life. Someday maybe I'll look back and have a different perspective about this day. Who knows?

1 comment:

  1. Life is always so busy. But if it wasn't, we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves. The other day, I came home from picking up the kids from school. I was exhausted and not feeling too well. I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv (our tv is usually never turned on until the 10:00 news, or if there is a night show we like to watch). Anyways, Ryan happened to come home a little early. I felt a little embarrassed about him seeing me on the couch relaxing. The one day I did it...he caught me! And it's crazy because I never do it! My point is....our lives are crazy, and they are suppose to be. Nothing will get done if they aren't. But, it is nice to take a breather for a minute...then get back to the craziness.

    ReplyDelete